Our Mission:Create top quality products at competitive prices. Package our products in a manner that reduces the negative impact to the environment. Deliver peak performance to our customers, while giving back to environmental charities.
- Conserve resources at each opportunity. We constantly focus attention to our impact on the environment and operate our factory on a monthly governed electricity-usage budget. This strict approach to power consumption forces us to efficiently plan daily electricity use and affects our overall factory operation. Additionally, we gained a sizeable reduction in electricity use when we overhauled our production floor plan in our factory to use natural lighting as much as possible.
- Buy raw materials from like-minded suppliers who share our committment. Not only are we aware of our own impact, we naturally want to associate ourselves with people who are equally concerned about the environment. We expect our raw material suppliers to follow certain standards, and adhere to the UK Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) just like we do.
- Design minimal product-packaging that is friendly to the environment and consumer. Our packaging uses materials that make it convenient for the consumer to participate in the recycling-process. The package design itself securely retains the product contents while also permitting the consumer to separate the product from the package without risk of personal injury that can result from attempting to open PVC clamshell packaging with sharp objects. Our motto reflects this philosophy: Buy the Product, not the package.
- Treat others as we would be treated. All of our products are manufactured following strict ethical treatment of our co-workers. We follow local labor laws concerning worker age, hours worked, and compensation. We believe being friendly to the planet begins with how we treat the people who live on it.
- Support those who are working to keep our planet sustainable for generations to come. We believe that our customers are concerned about the environment and that they want to join us in conservation efforts by shopping smarter. We donate a portion of each EKG purchase to organizations who are actively involved in environmental clean-up and conservation.
'Take it personally'
While research continues to reveal ways to make large-scale improvements in manufacturing that help protect the environment, our individual efforts can make a difference as well. Our employees have taken-to-heart the EKG message, and some regularly use mass-transit, or cycle-commute to the office.